Pages

8 Aug 2015

Portugal


   Our travel took place in my travel sketchbook as well. In order not to miss the feelings of a place and get it inside fully you have to sketch it right away.

                                             Porto, Lisbon, Aveiro and Coimbra 


                                                We arrived in Porto and I sketched it right in the airport


Morning coffee and the market 
 

Wine, resto, Torre dos Clerigos

Postcards on the Duro Embankment, old shoemaker sells the boots

Look around, balcony, locals and Sé Cathedral 

Aveiro




Lisbon

with its tramway

                                             its poets - Antonio Feliciano da Castilho


                                                        ...and Fernando Pessoà

and crazy beautiful church Sao Domengo that was almost totally burnt in 1959 and still isn't recovered which is captivating to see


               but we had to leave to Coimbra 


       Coimbra, the 1st University of Portugal and its first capital 
Sé Cathedrale


                                                    Magic cloister of the Cathedral

                                                               Streets of the local students

   We lived there, in the yellow little house

(and I'll add some more one day)

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful diary of your trip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your travels with me. Your sketches are beautiful and gave me a chance to see a place I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I haven't been to Portugal and really want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are totally gorgeous! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I am in awe! Every single painting is amazing - I especially love the tram!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work, Erica. I really love your style. And I love your new blog header. It's perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alexandra! I'm in your COOL project again!

      Delete
  7. Such a flow of love and color. Each piece is so perfect.. I too love your style and your header is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful. Your tiny paintings are enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanda and Beth, thank you a lot!

    ReplyDelete